Şafak: Hi guys today we are in a different track. You saw the tests of these two cars in many race tracks. But today we are making a difference. (-)Onur: We are in an airfield.
(+)Şafak: Located in Bursa. + This guy is a FK 8 Type R. A beast.
+ Over the 300 horsepower, 320 to be exact. + 400 Nm of torque and front wheel drive. + Current record holder of Nurburgring. – That’s true. What I have over here ise a Ford Focus RS. – Third generation. And blue as a sky.
+ It looks great. – 2.
+ Tax, tax, tax! -(Laughs) Yeah it is excisable but it uses a Mustang engine. – 350 horsepower thanks to a larger turbo. – 440 Nm of torque which improves to 475 Nm with overboost. – And a four wheel drive.
+ Oh, and you got launch control. – Hmm, yeah I do.
+ But we are gonna do a drag race. man. – I’ve been waking up to a picture of a Ford Focus, sorry, Escort RS Cosworth for 25 years. + It is his older brother I know. I accept it. – I got a poster of it. And when I looked at it, – I was missing the four wheel drive. Now it is here. + You’re enjoying it but I’m curious about what I’m gonna do with my FWD car. +Ok then. Let’s test these beasts with different races. + And settle the debate down. – (Points Focus) + Don’t jump to conclusions, Focus boy. + (Grumbles about 4 wheel drive) – (Laughs)
+ Do you trust your wrists like me?. Nope! + Now, I’m inside the Type R. + I’m getting 320 horsepower + and 400 Nm of torque + from the 2.0L engine under the hood. + RS is better than Type R in 0-100 km/h acceleration. + But I believe in myself. – So our car has launch control. -That will help us to get a smooth launch. – And that’s how we bury Şafak to the track. – But I’m not signaling I’m ready yet. -I’m not ok yet. – Driving mode is set to track mode. – Suspensions changes with that automaticly. – And I’m gonna cheat guys. – Now I’m browsing the infotainment system. – In options. – Driving assist. – and Launch Control. + He is going to win with his traction advantage, probably. + I have a short-throw gearbox. + .so shifting is relatively easy. + C’mon guys give the signal already – Get the first gear and. + Come on. + Come oooon. – And that’s how we roll! + Advantge of the traction system. + Sadly Focus RS gives us the answer with a slap in the track. – Let’s turn and wave to the Şafak. – We are the winners after all. – By the way, I think we are going to win in 1000 m, too. – Because, it seems like Type R couldn’t close the gap. + You have the power, you have the 4 wheel drive, you have the Launch Control. + Of course you’re going to win. Cihangir: It is going great isn’t it? Especially in start. – Yeah it accelerates like it’s being kicked. Cihangir: But Type R was catching up Cihangir: in the last meters. – Yeah he was very close to catch up. – It looks Type R can catch up in 500 m. + He owned us. I expected that but. + it still upsets me. + Power of the 4 wheel drive. I must make use of 150 kg weight advantage now. + It wasn’t a bad start at all. + I’m expecting an ok start in this one, too, hopefully. + Come on, man! Disable the launch control! – Launch control is ours and cannot be stopped! + He is playing a game with cheats.
Cihangir: He beated you well though. + It wasn’t that well. There were not much diffrence I was catching up. + I’m trusting myself in 1000 meters. I’ll see you in 1000 meters. – Where? in 1000 meters. – Ok then we will see that. – I’m a little bit afraid though. + I believe this one is mine. + But if I lose don’t blame the Type R. + It is a great car, really. Despite the front wheel drive, + wheelspin is not that bad in the start + but even in the second gear, there is some. – Come on
+ Come on + Ah, I’ve missed the 4th! + Again. I couldn’t catch up. – We defeated him in 1000 meters too. We killed a fly by the way. – And my top speed was above the 220 km/h. (Jumping is Onur Koray’s standart equipment, not Focus RS’.) +I’m coping with disappointment by flooring the pedal. + I was sure I was going to win. – Ok now we are going to start a race – which we are going to lose surely. – Şafak is pointing me the window to open up. +Open up! + You won two test don’t get cocky right now. + I’m gonna blow your mind now.
-Ok I’m saying the viewers, – I’m going to win this one, too. + My honour is on the line here. + I should beat Onur for my honour (means Onur in Turkish). – Ok let’s start the car then. + You want some noise? Have some. Engaging the R mode + Ready?
– It’s in track mode right now. + Man, your exhaust noise is better. Give us some more.
– Sure, here you go. + It’s time to kill Mr. Crack&Pop. + Let’s go. Third gear, 50km/h we start in the start line. (Glorious screams of joy) + It can’t catch up, RS is biting the dust! + The victory I was looking for is finally here! + Go, Type R! -He is pointing window again. + Open up, open up the window! – What? What’s the problem dude? + Respect the Samurai! See ya!. + So Onur, you stomped on us in the drags. With AWD assist and all. – Yeah, I did walk over you.
+ But I crushed you in the rolling start. + It was a pleasure to see RS logo in my rearview mirror. – I also saw the Type R logo in my mirror. + I was close you were far away than me. – Yeah you’re right actually.
+ In the end you are winning by 2 to 1. -In the track. Yes I am.
+ But I have some questions for you + I think Type R will win this questions. – Let’s see. + Which one of these cars is better for daily use? – Type R. + Comfort? – Type R. + Practicality? – Type R. + So Type R wins the round.
– Wait a second. not that easy. – In Type R, if you change the driving mode – it automaticlly changes the suspansion system. – Ford doesn’t have that. You can change it separately. – But I accept the fact Ford’s softest setting is still somewhat stiff. + Seats were pinching me. – Ok what about the engine sound?
+ No lies, it’s RS. – Transmission? + I think it is Type R, because of the short throw gearbox. + Especially in rolling start, gear changes were smooth. – Also it’s ergonomy is perfect. Gear and steering wheel is so close. + I was shifting fifth and sixth gears this close. + I think it is fourth in RS.
– I also liked the pedals. +It is smoother.
– Also they are bigger + Type R’s brake pedal is more resistant than RS’ though. – I really prefer the Type R breaks. + It has more resistence I think. – Alright, what about the looks?
+ I was going to ask that. + Type R looks perfect, let’s agree on that. + It has " Ricer Car" looks. + But RS has a charm, + go for winding mountain roads, + do some stylish drifting. It is more simple but beautiful. + I say RS.
– I agree on that. – But I won’t buy in this colour. + I would choose dark grey, for both of it. – It can be. Yes. – I want to ask about seats + This guy right here has bucket seats as standard. + But RS’ standard Recaro’s are tight. – Yeah optional Recaro’s are more beautiful. + But Type R is more comfortable. + And seats are more comfy.
– Also driving position. – .is low but car can handle it. – I really like to sit high in the car.
+ Me, too. But I had no problems sitting lower in the Type R. – Because if you lower it down you can see the upwards. + And these parts are helping you to navigate your drive. – Yeah if you lower it more you can’t see the road. + But RS is looking more buffed.
– Yeap. + Type R says I’m fast. But RS says I’m more buffed. I can beat you in drags. – Well if you were given one of these cars for free, which one would you chose? + Ok, let me ask you a counter-question. + Is it the "only" car that I use or.
– Only car, yes. + If it’s only car, I’m choosing Type R. + It has performance and it’s a good daily driver.
– What if you can use more cars? + Then RS. Because, + I was really upset on the start. + While I was dealing with wheelspin you were already gone – If you buy it with your own money?
+ I can’t buy neither because I don’t have that kind of money. -If you have it?
+ Then I would buy Type R because I could afford it. – Yeah there is quite a price gap.
+ It is around 100,000 TL +Ok than it’s settled. Competition ends 2-2 draw. -Ok, I’ll agree on that. +We did a lot of great tests. +Thanks for the Burulaş and Yunuseli Havalimanı for letting us do these tests. – But I’m hungry. + I’m shocked that you didn’t eat anything all day. He ate 72 portions of İskender back in the Uludağ trip. + Now you are in Bursa again.
– Yeah I was waiting for this. + I know a place, wanna go there? + Melike Döner. They hold the world record for the biggest "döner" – Is that so?
+ So we go there? – But first let’s invite our crew.
+ You see only 2 before the camera today but we have a beautiful crew here. + Guys come on up! – They are acting shy.